The National Development Foundation of Dominica is administered by a voluntary Board of Directors (BOD) consisting of at least nine (9) members with knowledge and experience in disciplines such as Finance, Agriculture, Banking and Credit, Gender Affairs, Business and Law, just to name a few.
The members of the BOD form a resource base for providing guidance and direction to the Foundation.
PAST CHAIRMEN OF THE NDFD
CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS
Mr. Oliver Henderson
Dr. Steve John
Finance & Planning Committee
- Ensures the efficient financial operations of the NDFD within prudent limits
- Generates adequate financial resources to satisfy on lending and operational requirements
- Facilitates the pertinent development of optimally productive human resources – to improve the professional capabilities of staff
- Ensures and makes enhance recommendation to the competitiveness of NDFD products.
- Approves and reviews loans, which are then granted in accordance with the Foundations’ policy.
- Makes recommendations re lending policies, loan products and services, of the Foundation.
- Provides feedbacks to management re loans.
THE NDFD STAFF The day to day management of the Foundation is the responsibility of the Executive Director assisted by small number of staff members, all of whom are qualified in their respective areas of responsibility. The field staff keeps in regular contact with clients both before and after credit is granted and provides reports on the progress of the businesses funded.
Mrs. Sharon Vidal-Francis
Mr. Danley Carbon
Lowana St. Jean
Mrs. Davina Joseph
The National Development Foundation of Dominica (NDFD) Limited, a non-governmental Organization (NGO) was established thirty –one years ago and has been the leading NGO providing Small Business Loans, Technical assistance and Training to the Small & Medium sized enterprise sector.
During its formative years, financial support was provided by National, Regional and International donor agencies. In addition, the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica has been among our national contributors.
The Foundation is therefore embarking on a membership drive to assist in the continued development of one of the most needed sectors in society, the micro, small and medium enterprise sector.
BENEFITS OF A MEMBER
- The individual or company making annual contributions to the Foundation has the opportunity of becoming a member of the Board of Directors after 1 year of contribution. No person who is in arrears (either client or guarantor) of any debt to the Foundation shall qualify to become or hold office of Director during the existence of such arrears.
- 35% discount on other services provided by the Foundation, namely, Photocopying services, Conference Room Rental, Training Fees, and other Business Support Services.